A glass range featuring six stunning geometric designs, including the award winning SGG MASTER-SOFT, designers have the ability to integrate SGG MASTERGLASS as part of ambitious and stylish designs in a wide range of interior and exterior applications.
Produced by casting and rolling the glass between two embossed cylinders, six stunning designs are produced as an inherent part of the glass which helps lift any application from the ordinary to an outstanding design feature in its own right. This precisely controlled process produces the distinctive textures on one surface of the glass whilst the other remains smooth.
Whether we're at home, at work, at school, in hospital or in any other kind of building, there are many factors that enhance or detract from our overall sense of comfort and wellbeing – including things like aesthetics, interior design, convenience and ease of maintenance.
It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort – and helps us to feel good.
SGG MASTERGLASS forms part of the Saint-Gobain solar control range, which in combination with other products can also offer;
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to SGG STADIP SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the SGG STADIP range
- Thermal insulation when used in conjunction with the SGG PLANITHERM range
- Solar control when used in conjunction with the SGG COOL-LITE range.
This contemporary range of design glass brings style and brilliance to any application. It is ideal for creating sophisticated environments in residential, commercial and retail settings. SGG MASTERGLASS can be used extensively in applications such as;
- Furniture (shopfitting, shelving, cabinet drawers, countertops)
- Partitions (framed, frameless, fixed and sliding)
- Shower screens
- Doors (all-glass and framed)
- Guarding and balustrading
- Floors and stair treads
- Windows and façade glazing
Featuring six exclusive designs, the SGG MASTERGLASS range inspires a fresh approach to any glass application. A range that evokes imaginative ways to incorporate decorative glass in new unique design possibilities.
SGG MASTERGLASS captures light and emits attractive aesthetic effects. Its high degree of translucency optimizes light levels, whilst providing subtle obscurity for any privacy and screening requirements.
The below table provides performance values for selected SGG MASTERGLASS designs.
|SGG MASTER-CARRE||4 mm/td>||87|
|SGG MASTER-LENS||4 mm/td>||87|
|SGG MASTER-LIGNE||4 mm/td>||73|
|SGG MASTER-POINT||4 mm/td>||87|
|SGG MASTER-RAY||4 mm/td>||86|
|SGG MASTER-SOFT||4 mm/td>||87|
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely thus protecting against the risk of serious injury.
The types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Building Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Specification Managers before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Where it is required to act as a safety glass, SGG MASTERGLASS can be tempered, or laminated with the textured surface away from the interlayer.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass in the event of forced break in or damage.
The SGG STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that, when certified, offer additional security benefits.
SGG MASTERGLASS can be used in conjunction with SGG STADIP the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with SGG MASTERGLASS as the external pane.
Alternatively, SGG MASTERGLASS can be laminated, with the patterned surface away from the interlayer.