PLANITHERM TOTAL+ represents the next generation of low-emissivity (low-E) coating technology and is the UK and Ireland's leading low-E coating brand.
Developed specifically for the particular needs of the UK market, PLANITHERM TOTAL+ has been optimised for Window Energy Ratings (WERs) making it one of the most energy efficient low-E glass products available today.
Using the very latest advancements in magnetron coating technology from Saint-Gobain Glass, this new coating combines much improved processing qualities and performance, whilst maintaining the excellent aesthetics that are expected from the PLANITHERM range.
PLANITHERM T+ FG
To meet the new manufacturing technical standard, Future Generation (FG) versions of PLANITHERM TOTAL+ and PLANITHERM ONE T have been developed to comply with the EN 1096-4 harmonised European Norm for coated glass.
PLANITHERM TOTAL+ FG has been developed over several years to comply with the revised standard without any change to the key product parameters used to calculate Window Energy Ratings (WERs). The entire supply chain can continue to use PLANITHERM TOTAL+ FG without having to re-calculate and re-declare any existing WERs.
PLANITHERM TOTAL+ FG is an industry-leading product, with a high g-value of 73%, helping everyone in the supply chain to achieve the best WER bandings. PLANITHERM TOTAL+ FG remains a single-stock product, with a centre-pane U-value of 1.2 regardless of whether it is used annealed or toughened
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors. It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort.
PLANITHERM TOTAL+ forms part of the Saint-Gobain thermal insulation range, which in combination with other products can also offer;
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to STADIP SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the STADIP range
Double glazed units incorporating PLANITHERM TOTAL+ offer up to three times more insulation than standard double glazing and significantly better thermal insulation compared to hard coated low-E products:
- considerable reductions in heating bills
- eliminates cold areas around windows
- maximises the amount of natural light into the home, without haze or tint effects
- helps to reduce condensation on the inner pane
- environmentally friendly solution, given the lower CO2 emissions associated with reduced energy consumption
- ensures compliance with current Building Regulations requirements for all frame types or designs
- exceptional Window Energy Rating performance thanks to the optimised balance between a very low U-value and even higher solar gain.
By offering PLANITHERM TOTAL+ fabricators and installers can sign up to be part of our unique PLANITHERM Installer Network, accessing a wealth of marketing support materials and tools to help them differentiate their offer.
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
The types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass. PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is a temperable coating, and so can be thermally toughened where required.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below. PLANITHERM TOTAL+ can be supplied on STADIP where an annealed option is desired.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass recommends that you seek advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass in the event of forced break in or damage.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that, when certified, offer additional security benefits.
PLANITHERM TOTAL+ can be supplied on STADIP, or used in conjunction with STADIP the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with PLANITHERM TOTAL+ as the external pane.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.