PLANITHERM ONE T represents the most advanced thermal insulation performance within the PLANITHERM family, Europe’s best selling low-emissivity (low-E) glass and one of the UK’s leading offline low-E coating brands.
PLANITHERM ONE T is a single stock product that can be used annealed, or heat treated, i.e. thermally toughened or heat-strengthened, where required.
PLANITHERM ONE T FG
To meet the new manufacturing technical standard, Future Generation (FG) versions of PLANITHERM TOTAL+ and PLANITHERM ONE T have been developed to comply with the EN 1096-4 harmonised European Norm for coated glass.
Alongside the already introduced future generation version of PLANITHERM TOTAL+, users of all PLANITHERM products can be confident in compliance to the new industry regulations.
The product has passed the same stringent performance testing regime and processing standards as all other PLANITHERM products
PLANITHERM ONE T ‘future generation’ has a number of important features, including:
- It retains its status as a ‘single-stock’ product.
- The centre-pane U-value is 1.0 W/m2K when used in both annealed and toughened forms.
- The g-value has been reduced to 49% (face 3) and 45% (face 2*), which means that PLANITHERM ONE T provides improved solar control benefits.
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors. It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort.
PLANITHERM ONE T forms part of the Saint-Gobain thermal insulation range, which in combination with other products can also offer;
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to STADIP® SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the STADIP range
With an optimum centre-pane U-value of 1.0W/m2K (90% argon-filled), PLANITHERM ONE T can comfortably meet current Building Regulations by improving whole window U-values for all frame types
Particularly suited to commercial applications using steel and aluminium frames for optimum energy efficiency, PLANITHERM ONE T can help to reduce heating requirements, giving an environmentally friendly solution, with the lower CO2 emissions associated with reduced energy consumption.
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely thus protecting against the risk of serious injury.
The types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Specification Managers before you proceed with a particular glass type.
PLANITHERM ONE T is a temperable coating, and so can be thermally toughened where required.
PLANITHERM ONE T can be supplied on STADIP where an annealed option is desired.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass in the event of forced break in or damage.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that, when certified, offer additional security benefits.
PLANITHERM ONE T can be supplied on STADIP, or used in conjunction with STADIP the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with PLANITHERM ONE T as the external pane.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.