A conservatory should be a natural extension to the home providing useable, extra living space that can be enjoyed whatever the time of year.
PLANITHERM 4S II - four seasons, has been developed especially for conservatory glazing applications. Offering excellent solar control properties, reduced glare and enhanced thermal insulation PLANITHERM 4S II provides true year round comfort when used throughout the conservatory.
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors.
It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort.
PLANITHERM 4S II forms part of the Saint-Gobain thermal insulation range, with solar control benefits, which in combination with other products can also offer;
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to STADIP SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the STADIP range
PLANITHERM 4S II conservatory wall glass:
- Provides unbeatable thermal insulation, reflecting heat back into the room and reducing heat loss more effectively than traditional low-emissivity glass products
- 63% less heat loss compared to ordinary double-glazing
- Increases energy efficiency by retaining more heat in the room
- Can help reduces heating bills
- Reduces the environmental impact of excess energy production and consumption
- Maximises the amount of natural daylight coming in to the home, especially important during the darker winter months
- Reduces cold spots and draughts
- Virtually eliminates internal condensation
PLANITHERM 4S II is designed for use in double glazing applications, in all frame types for both residential new-build and replacement markets: windows and skylights in residential buildings and private domestic housing - conservatories and patio doors
PLANITHERM 4S II glass is combined with our solar control roof glass products to create high performance conservatory roof glass with outstanding thermal efficiency. However, when purchasing a conservatory, many people choose solar control glass for the roof, but do not consider it for the sidewalls. In south or west facing conservatories in particular, the amount of heat build up can make the conservatory uncomfortable, even when solar control glazing has been used overhead. When used in conservatory side walls PLANITHERM 4S II:
- Provides excellent levels of solar protection for conservatory side walls, reflecting unwanted heat by up to 56%
- Reduces excessive heat build up compared to standard glazing (please note: this product does not eliminate the need for natural ventilation to prevent overheating)
- Has an attractive neutral appearance giving you a clear view of your surroundings
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
The types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
PLANITHERM 4S II is a temperable coating, and so can be thermally toughened where required.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that offer additional security benefits.
PLANITHERM 4S II can be used in conjunction with STADIP the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with PLANITHERM 4S II as the external pane.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.