COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 is the newest product to join the COOL-LITE XTREME range. It is an extremely, high performance solar control coating and forms part of the XTREME triple-silver solar control product range, which offer the highest selectivity (the ratio of visible light to solar heat gain) in the Saint-Gobain range.
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 and 61/29 II meets current architectural trends, aimed at extreme colour neutrality, transparency and low reflection. Neutrality is “in”, compromises are “out”! The low external
reflection as well as the colour-neutral external appearance, combined with extreme selectivity creates an excellent combination of function and aesthetics.
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors.
It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort.
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 forms part of the Saint-Gobain solar control and thermal insulation range, which in combination with other products can also offer:
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to STADIP SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the STADIP range
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 sets a new standard in high selectivity solar control, while retaining the very neutral aesthetics associated with the COOL-LITE range with:
- a high light transmission to create brighter interiors and year round natural lighting
- a low solar factor to reduce the burden on costly air-conditioning
- an excellent U-value of 1.0W/m2K making it the ideal product for energy savings and improved thermal insulation
- a high degree of neutrality both in transmission and exterior reflection
COOL-LITE XTREME can be used to create more comfortable interiors by reducing overheating in the summer and heat loss in the winter, while retaining an extremely neutral appearance.
- COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 can be supplied to-be-tempered or annealed. Where the product name includes “II”, this denotes that the coated glass must be heat treated, i.e. thermally toughened or heat-strengthened.
- COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 can be assembled into an insulated glazed unit with the coating on face 2. Edge deletion is required.
- COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 (II) can be laminated with the coating not in contact with the interlayer. STADIP, STADIP PROTECT and STADIP SILENCE are Saint-Gobain laminated glass technologies.
- COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 II is supplied with EASYPRO.
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 (II) can be supplied in a range of thicknesses and sizes:
Size: 6,000 mm x 3,210 mm (standard) up to 18,000 mm x 3,210 mm (on demand)
Thickness: 6mm, 8mm (standard). 4mm, 10mm, 12mm (on demand).
Substrate: PLANICLEAR (standard) or DIAMANT (on demand).
PLANICLEAR: 6 / 16 (Argon) / 4
TL (%): 61%
RLe (%): 11%
RLi (%): 14%
Solar Factor (g): 0.29
Ug (W/m2.K): 1.0
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
Types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that offer additional security benefits.
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 can be supplied on STADIP or used in conjunction with STADIP as the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 as the external pane.
COOL-LITE XTREME 61/29 can be supplied on STADIP where an annealed option is desired.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.