COOL-LITE SKN 183 is an innovative coated glass, with the highest light transmission in the COOL-LITE range.
It is easy to process, handle and assemble into IGUs, and is a high-performance addition to the already successful COOL-LITE range of coated solar control glass products; designed to give Saint-Gobain Glass customers a competitive advantage.
COOL-LITE SKN 183 (annealed) and SKN 183 II (to-be-tempered) satisfies architectural design trends for highly neutral glass and offers a range of performance enhancements for building occupiers, including:
- High light transmission 75%
- Excellent thermal insulation (Ug value = 1.0 W/m2K in double glazed units)
- Excellent solar control of 40%
- Very low external reflection of 13%
- Neutral and low internal reflection
In the drive to achieve net-zero carbon buildings, the consistent use of high performance, coated glass as part of a building façade can create a healthy environment for building occupants whilst helping to minimise the effects of building operations on climate change.
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors.
- COOL-LITE SKN 183 (II) can be supplied to-be-tempered or annealed. Where the product name includes “II”, this denotes that the coated glass must be heat treated, i.e. thermally toughened or heat-strengthened.
- COOL-LITE SKN 183 (II) can be assembled into an insulated glazed unit with the coating on face 2. Edge deletion is required.
- COOL-LITE SKN 183 (II) can be laminated with the coating not in contact with the interlayer. STADIP, STADIP PROTECT and STADIP SILENCE are Saint-Gobain laminated glass technologies.
- COOL-LITE SKN 183 II is supplied with EASYPRO.
COOL-LITE 183 (II) can be supplied in a range of thicknesses and sizes:
Size: 6,000 mm x 3,210 mm (standard) up to 18,000 mm x 3,210 mm (on demand)
Thickness: 6mm, 8mm (standard). 4mm, 10mm, 12mm (on demand).
Substrate: PLANICLEAR (standard) or DIAMANT (on demand).
PLANICLEAR: 6 / 16 (Argon) / 4 (standard)
TL (%): 75%
RLe (%): 12%
RLi (%): 13%
Solar Factor (g): 0.40
Ug (W/m2.K): 1.0
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
Types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that offer additional security benefits.
COOL-LITE SKN (II) can be supplied on STADIP or used in conjunction with STADIP as the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with COOL-LITE SKN 183 (II) as the external pane.
COOL-LITE SKN 183 can be supplied on STADIP where an annealed option is desired.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.