COOL-LITE SKN 154 is a solar control glass coating applied to PLANICLEAR as standard. The coating has good levels of light transmittance, coupled with a low solar factor making it ideal for commercial projects.
We spend a lot of our time indoors. There are many factors that influence how we feel inside a building, including the overall aesthetic, successful interior design, balanced noise levels or acoustics and natural levels of light. A well designed and constructed space can enhance our sense of comfort and wellbeing, helping to improve health and productivity; important across all building sectors.
It's the balance of the key factors below that provides overall comfort.
COOL-LITE SKN 154 forms part of the Saint-Gobain solar control and thermal insulation range, which in combination with other products can also offer:
- Noise reduction, when used in conjunction or applied to STADIP SILENCE
- Safety and Security, when used in conjunction with products from the STADIP range
COOL-LITE SKN 154 is designed to offer exceptional solar and thermal performance:
- very low g-value of 0.28
- optimum U-value of 1.0W/m2K
- neutral appearance both in transmission and exterior reflection
- good levels of natural light transmission
COOL-LITE SKN 154 can be used to improve the energy efficiency of buildings by considerably reducing overheating and the need for costly air conditioning. It is particularly suited to large areas of glazing where superior solar control performance is required whilst at the same time noticeably reducing excessive heat loss.
- COOL-LITE SKN 154 can be supplied to-be-tempered or annealed. Where the product name includes “II”, this denotes that the coated glass must be heat treated, i.e. thermally toughened or heat-strengthened.
- COOL-LITE SKN 154 can be assembled into an insulated glazed unit with the coating on face 2. Edge deletion is required.
- COOL-LITE SKN 154 (II) can be laminated with the coating not in contact with the interlayer. STADIP, STADIP PROTECT and STADIP SILENCE are Saint-Gobain laminated glass technologies.
- COOL-LITE SKN 154 II is supplied with EASYPRO.
COOL-LITE SKN 154 (II) can be supplied in a range of thicknesses and sizes:
Size: 6,000 mm x 3,210 mm (standard) up to 18,000 mm x 3,210 mm (on demand)
Thickness: 6mm, 8mm (standard). 4mm, 10mm, 12mm (on demand).
Substrate: PLANICLEAR (standard) or DIAMANT (on demand).
PLANICLEAR: 6 / 16 (Argon) / 4
TL (%): 52%
RLe (%): 19%
Solar Factor (g): 0.28
Ug (W/m2.K): 1.0
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
Types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Security rated glass can help protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying, or even preventing, penetration through the glass.
The STADIP product range comprises of laminated glasses that offer additional security benefits.
COOL-LITE SKN 154 can be supplied on STADIP or used in conjunction with STADIP as the inner pane of an insulating glass unit, with COOL-LITE SKN 154 as the external pane.
COOL-LITE SKN 154 can be supplied on STADIP where an annealed option is desired.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.